UGG! There is a new Shatnez alert.

The following has been confirmed by the Star-K kashrus organization. There have been reports of real Shatnez in UGG boots and shoes. This is a severe Torah prohibition. Your UGG shoes and/or boots may contain Shatnez and should be checked by an authorized Shatnez expert. See below for a) What needs checking, b) Directory of…

The Grand Rebbe of Modzitz in Dallas

“Mishe Nichnas Adar Marbim B’simcha” Your Are Invited to Participate in an Historical, Inspiring and Unforgettable Shabbos, featuring the esteemed Grand Rebbe of Modzitz shlit’a of B’nai Brak . . . Renowned Tzaddik and Member of the Council of Torah Sages of Israel, Shabbos Kodesh Parshas Veyakheil, Feb. 20-24, 2014 Modzitz has been known for generations for their…

The Definition of Kiddush Hashem

Rabbi Berel Wein: Jews And X-Mas and Doing The Right Thing Rabbi Berel Wein was once invited to a meeting with the editor of the Detroit Free Press. After introductions had been made, the editor told him the following story. His mother, Mary, had immigrated to America from Ireland as an uneducated, 18-year-old peasant girl….

Help Raphael Elisha Meir ben Devorah Cohen

Help Raphael Elisha Meir and the Cohen family in their fight for his life. The Cohen family, of Houston, Texas is facing a battle none of us should have to go through – aggressive brain cancer in their 6-year old son Refael Elisha. Having recently received the devastating news from their doctors that “there is…

Baruch Dayan HaEmes: Maran HaGaon HaRav Ovadia Yosef, zt”l

1:23PM IL: Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital officials’ announced the bitter news moments ago. HaGaon HaRav Chaim Ovadia Yosef ZTVK”L was niftar a short time ago, Monday, 3 Marcheshvan 5774, after his bodily organs collapsed despite doctors’ best efforts. The gadol hador was 93-years-old. On Sunday night the doctors decided to place him back into a…

Carbon Monoxide . . . Be Aware

This is a true story. This past Shabbos morning (the third day of the “three day Yom Tov”), I was awakened by the sound of the carbon monoxide alarm announcing high levels of CO. We immediately cleared everyone out of the house and summoned the fire department. When they arrived, they informed me that the…